Regulations for Entering and Participating
The 21st Tel-Aviv International Student Film Festival
Digital Media Competition
Registration & film submission deadline: January 31st, 2019
Screening copies of participating films deadline: April 14th, 2019
- The festival accepts to The Digital Media Program & Competition only student projects produced in school programs, universities or professional institutes.
- Registration of programs can only be done by the school’s representative.
- The festival accepts films in the following categories: Fiction, Documentary, Animation, Experimental and hybrid.
- The festival accepts digital narrative projects in the following categories: Fiction, Documentary, Animation and Experimental.
- Digital projects must be in English or otherwise include English subtitles.
- If project is in VR/ Spherical Video 360, the subtitles need to be on both sides of the sphere.
- The festival accepts Work-in-progress projects (Please mention this status in the notes while submitting).
- If project is not complete, please send images or trailer that represents the project best.
Registration & Film Submission
- Registration of the projects details should be registered in the following website
- The projects itself should be sent via WeTransfer/JumboMail/ Dropbox/ Google Drive, Link, ext. to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- When sending the project please write the mane of it as registered in the website submission.
- Prior to sending, please make sure the link is correct and working.
- The festival will conduct pre-selection to the The festival will decide on the participating projects and will not provided feedback to projects that were no selected.
- Notifications regarding the selection for the program will be delivered during March 2019.
- Winner of the competition will be awarded by the International Student Film Festival.
Technical Specifications –
VR/ 360 Spherical Video:
Samsung Gear/ similar:
If interactive- Steam/Sending APK
If not interactive- MP4 H264 (mention Mesoscopic / Stereoscopic), mention 3D sound.
Any online web projects, that are storytelling in essence, Including but not limited to: websites, cross-platform, multi-media.
Shipping of screening material to the festival
- Screening copies if needed for the festival can be sent via shipping.
- Screening copies will be returned at the end of the festival. Delegations may collect their films in Israel after the last use of the festival. All uncollected projects will be sent back by the festival within three months of the festival’s closing. If you wish to guarantee an earlier arrival of your prints, you may request an alternative shipping method. In this case, shipping costs will be charged to the school’s account.
By entering the digital projects into the Festival:
- The copyright owners of the project authorize a free reproduction of stills and excerpts (maximum 3 minutes) for any of the Festival publications and promotional materials.
- The copyright owners authorize that the winning projects will be used for internal marketing and preservation needs.
- You represent and warrant that: you own the content or otherwise have the right to grant the license and (ii) the content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person or entity. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person or entity by reason of the use of any content embedded in the project.
Participants and Accommodation
- Students whose films have been selected will be invited to the festival and hosted by local film students. Accommodation (lodging and one meal a day) will be provided by the festival.
For more details:
Maya Shekel & Shiri Michaelovich
Digital Media Directors
Maya: +972-54-4306044 Shiri: +972-52-4890864